Create & Share Your Own Open-World Off-Road Challenges with Dakar Desert Rally’s New Free Custom Roadbook Editor
Season Pass Owners Can Unlock Two New Premium DLC Vehicle Packs Featuring Hybrid and Paris-Dakar Classic Vehicles
Buckle up and start your engines! Today’s free update for Dakar Desert Rally, the largest open-world rally racing game from Saber Interactive, adds a new feature fans have been waiting for since the game’s debut: the custom roadbook editor. Now you can create your own intensely challenging off-road race events and stages, then share them with the world! Patch 2.0 is driving out today, which brings a range of overall game enhancements and fixes, including a new replay and photo mode.
To commemorate today’s update, all players now have the opportunity to obtain the incredible Audi RS Q e-tron and the SnowRunner Cars Pack DLC at no cost. Owners of the Dakar Desert Rally Season Pass can now download two new premium DLC vehicle packs – Hybrid Vehicle Pack and Classics Vehicle Pack #2. Each pack is also available to purchase standalone for $9.99.
You can read the full details below!
Create your own roadbooks using the Roadbook Editor.
- In the Main Menu, now you can select the “Roadbook Editor” option to create your own custom stages and events. In this option, you will be prompted to select a map to begin stage creation.
- Once you select the starting point for a new roadbook, you will be spawned into the map and assume control, placing notes and editing them according to the guidelines set for the roadbook creation.
- Throughout the roadbook editor process, you will receive guidance through warnings and error notifications, that will help you create a precise and accurate roadbook.
- Once you finish creating your roadbook, you will need to validate and save it to be able to create an event from it.
- Having created the stages and events, you can enjoy them individually, share them within the community via the Roadbook Editor’s sharing feature, or even initiate multiplayer sessions featuring these events, inviting other players to join.
Replay & Photo Mode
- At the conclusion of each stage, players now have the option to review their driving performance through replays. Switch between different camera angles to closely observe every detail of your race.
- While using the Replay feature, you can pause the reproduction of your driving and capture photos from your racing performance.
Audi RS Q e-tron
- For those who have been waiting to get the Audi RS Q e-tron, the moment has just arrived. It is now available to acquire it for free!
This offer is accompanied by the following message:
To show our appreciation for your commitment to Dakar Desert Rally and to mark the latest update, we are thrilled to present every player with the incredible Audi RS Q e-tron. Thank you for your continued support, and enjoy the ride! – The Dakar Desert Rally Team
Hybrid Vehicle Pack
Dakar Rally embraces the gradual energy transition as a green initiative, in two main planks: the transformation of the engines powering the cars and trucks in the race and the use of renewable energy to power an innovative bivouac, what is called as “Dakar Future”.
To celebrate this initiative, we proudly invite you to drive with:
- GCK Motorsport
- Hino 600 Hybrid
- Riwald Renault C460
SnowRunner Cars Pack
SnowRunner has returned to Dakar Desert Rally!
- Get ready to extend your off-road rally experience with the SnowRunner Cars!
Drive five of the most powerful Cars from SnowRunner and overcome extreme open-world environments with the addition of 9 new stages.
Check out the iconic cars capable of overcoming any danger and the new stages that can be experienced either in Free-Roam mode or in Rally Raid competition:
- TUZ 166
- DON 71
- KHAN 39
- KHAN 317
- KHAN L04F
SnowRunner Rally Events:
Sport Game Mode
- SnowRunner Challenge (6x Stages)
Professional Game Mode
- SnowRunner Challenge (3x Stages)
Classics Vehicle Pack #2
Paris-Dakar classics have arrived to Dakar Desert Rally!
- Get ready for new off-road rally experience with the legendary vintage vehicles from 1982 and 1985, respectively:
- Lada Niva 1600 4×4 (1982)
Drive the renowned Lada 1600 4×4 with Denis Grabowski and Philippe Chéron.
- Honda Africa Twin (1985)
Experience one of the most well-known safarian bikes, the Honda NXR 750 NT5A, from
1985, with Cyril Neuve.
- Fixed an issue in which Saudi Arabia Extended Map Events were not available for PlayStation users.
- Fixed a softlock that occurred when a host restarted a private race on PlayStation.
- Fixed an issue in which the client could not join the lobby created at Dakar Qualifications event on PS5.
- Fixed Xbox One crash issues in multiplayer.
- Fixed a crash issue after the Xbox console woke up from connected standby.
- Fixed the “Monster Claw” achievement that could not be obtained on Xbox.
- Players may experience crashes after finishing the custom stage creation in the Roadbook Editor.
- Rejoining the active session is unavailable after a network disconnect.
- The game will crash if the internet disconnects while downloading 5+ events from the Community Browser simultaneously.
- Music and sound effects disappear in the main menu after naming a stage created in Roadbook Editor.
- Path snap does not follow off-road tracks on sand in several locations of the Saudi Arabia Map.
- Path snap in Roadbook Editor cannot be applied to crossroads.
- Vehicles may fall under the terrain while validating the path in the Roadbook Editor.
- Players’ profile picture is missing from the community browser and custom events screens.
- There is no steering wheel peripheral support for Replay Mode and Roadbook Editor.
- Dashboard and roadbook flickers while in the cockpit camera.
- Reflections in the rearview mirror for the SnowRunner cars appear blurry.
- Reflections in the rearview mirror of the Peugeot Grand-Raid cars appear blurry.
- The camera clips under the terrain during the start race cinematic of Neom 2021 Stage 07 (Sport) and Al Artawiyah Tour Stage 02 (Pro).
- NPC models have t-pose when pausing the game while in replay mode.
- YAR 87 driver’s hand does not come in contact with gear stick while in the clutch animation.
- Vehicle appears to remain damaged at the start of the next stage after the repair in bivouac.
Lighting and Shadows General Issues
- Damaged lights stop working after repositioning.
- Quads’ front light assets do not turn when toggled.
- There are lighting flickers at Ha’il Excursion – Stage 01 (Sport) on PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
- Flickering shadows observed at SnowRunner Challenge – Stage 03 (Sport) and Stage 01 (Pro).
- Shadows appear and disappear during the intro cinematic and at the beginning of the race of Dakar Rally 2021 – Stage 07. Additionally, there are shadows from floating vegetation occurring during this stage.
- Shadows flicker at Neom 2020 – Stage 03 (Sport).
- Shadows appear and disappear at Yanbu 2021 – Stage 01 (Pro).
- Shadows become black after changing effects settings to medium or low on PC.
- Unnecessary shadows move during the start race cinematic at Dakar Rally 2020 Stage 01 (DLC Simulation) on PlayStation and PC.
- Players may experience crashes during crossplay multiplayer on PC.
- Vegetation textures disappear at Haradh Twist – Stage 02 (Sport) on PC.
- In-progress activities in single player disappear from the available activities after changing “ongoing events” on PS5.
- “Dakar Legend” and “Simulation Winner” trophies conflict with each other on PS5:
The player may not receive the “Dakar Legend” trophy for finishing an event in Simulation Mode, but after that can receive the “Simulation Winner” trophy for finishing all stages in 1st place and vice versa. If the player receives the “Dakar Legend” trophy, “Simulation Winner” trophy cannot be unlocked.
- “Forever Speedy” trophy cannot be unlocked on PS5.
- Terrain textures disappear when switching quality mode settings on Xbox One.
- Steering wheel feedback function does not work on Xbox consoles.
Thank you for taking a read through these release notes! In addition to the above, we also updated the FAQ
Stay tuned to our social channels and Discord server for more information about when the USA map along with some fixes will arrive with the next patch. Team Customisation will no longer be coming to the game.
Join us for our Dakar Desert Rally live stream this Thursday!